Thursday, December 22, 2011

Alumni Anecdote

It is always great to hear from a World Scholar-Athlete Games graduate.

We just received this wonderful note from Steve Hauser, who attended the World Scholar -Athlete Games in 2006 and then went on to graduate from Wesleyan University:

"For a student-athlete, there are few opportunities that are as fulfilling as the World-Scholar Athlete Games. When I attended the Games back in 2006, the unique mix of athletics and culture was unlike anything I had previously experienced. I still remember the experience of sitting next to an athlete from Sierra Leone and hearing the stories of his childhood. I also vividly remember hearing former President Bill Clinton and political pundit Bill O’Reilly speak to us on the value of our generation. Perhaps I didn’t realize it then, but these experiences at the World Scholar Athlete Games were some of the most formative of my teenage years. I cannot recommend this event more highly and I hope to see it grow in the future."